Thursday, October 22, 2009

The 64 Thousand Word Novel Dare

Every dare has to begin with setting the goals and parameters.

The Projects:

The Novel - a comic mystery novel. I've got a good title, but for now I'm not publicizing it. (Later maybe.) I'll give some background on it as I post updates.

The Illustrations - I am building websites for some of my published short fiction. They really need artwork.

Miscellaneous writing - unlike other dares I've done, I will include writing for other projects in the daily count. I just want to keep going. I will include any work I do on articles for sites like eHow, short fiction, even poetry. I will not include posts I make here, but I may include posts to other blogs.

The Dates:

64 days of writing from October 22, 2009 to January 1, 2010.


The Goals:

64,000 words or 64 illustrations or any combination of the two.

1. 1000 words per day.

2. A picture is worth a thousand words.

3. Because this is the worst time of year for writing in terms of interferance from my day job, I will count words typed in from old drafts and notes. (But it can't be simply copied and pasted in, and I have to note it in my public updates here.)

Although I may write on other projects, I want this novel to be pretty much whole (if kinda spotty and rough) by the end of the year.

No comments: