Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 2 - 1629 Words And The Other Beginning

I had a friend tell me she thought I should start with the intro to Karla, rather than George. It doesn't require much rewriting (just flipping this section and that) so I will probably try it. (I may ask for readers next week, if anybody is interested. I'll let people know how to contact when I'm ready.)

Now, swapping things around may well play havoc with the chapter structure I planned. Which is okay. I just might have to get three chapters done before I know for sure where the chapters breaks happen.

Chapter breaks are so important, and I am a fan of chapters with names, too. I think they work very often as teasers, at least in comedy and high adventure. You don't necessarily have to have cliff-hangers if your breaks simply raise questions, and your titles promise to answer them.

Running Total: 3150 Words.


3150 / 60000 words. 5% done!

In Today's Pages: Intro to Karla. Gwen makes a stand.

No comments: