Friday, June 25, 2010

Twenty-Four Day Scribble Dare

Today I finished up the manuscript conversions for Have Gun, Will Play, and uploaded it to Kindle and Smashwords. Smashwords already has it up, but Kindle takes a bit. (And it will be a week or so before it hits the iBookstore.)

Now, back to the rewrite of Test of Freedom. I've figured out the next step. I need to do some exploratory writing on the new material. I need at least 10,000 words more, but I want to push it so that I'm cutting rather than stretching.

So the goal is 24,000 words by July 18. That's one thousand words a day for twenty four days, starting tomorrow, June 25.

If I completely run out of new things to say on this book, I can move on to new words for the next book, League of Freedom. This not only gives me the material I need, it's a very specific goal, that allows me to work on other things after I've met it each day. (And I've got a lot to work on.)

Then after a break for another conference, I can sit down and just rip through the final rewrite and polish in August.

No comments: