Saturday, June 26, 2010

Writing Dash Day 1 - 458 Words

I spent much of the day prepping marketing materials for Have Gun, Will Play. I've got part of a rather fun self-interview that I may post here, or may post on my regular website. I also got into that exclusive mystery critique group, and I'm getting started on doing my duty there. They only require a chapter a month, and I may not submit The Man Who Did Too Much much faster than that at first, so that I'll be ready to whip those middle chapters into shape by the time I have to submit them.

But in the meantime, I have lost some momentum on Test of Freedom, so I only managed 458 words today. This is sad, but I am getting the feel for it again.

Running Total: 458


458 / 20000 words. 2% done!

In Today's Pages: We meet the nearly invisible Mr. Sherman. Mary thinks there is more spy to him than servant in that invisibility, and therefore she likes him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I found your blog over at Southern City Mysteries!!

458 words is better than none!! I just got through a tough spot and now I'm pushing at least a thousand words a day! It all comes back :) Good Luck!

The Daring Novelist said...

Welcome to the blog! Glad to see a new face.

As for word count - yeah, some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you.