Sunday, June 27, 2010

Writing Dash Day 2 - Grrraaahhhhk!

I have struggled and struggled again with this, and I realize that the rewrite I want to do is just not right for this story. The world I have set it in has a certain fantastic simplicity. As I said, I wrote it originally wanting it to feel like a drama playing against a theatrical backdrop. And the writing I'm trying to do violates that and weakens it.

So... back to the drawing board, at least partly. Maybe instead of fleshing out Test of Freedom into a bigger story, I need to make this a trilogy of long novellas. I may even want to tighten it from the 47,000 words it has, rather than lengthen it.

But I really do need to spend this time writing rather than editing, so I'm keeping the daily goals of 1000 words of raw writing - but I'm opening it up to other stories. Especially more Mick and Casey stories.

But for all of my sweating and flustering, I figured this out too late to do much tonight. So I have 337 words on A Fistful of Divas, and a lot of thinking to do.

Running Total: 795 Words.


795 / 24000 words. 3% done!

In Today's Pages: We learn about Casey's opera house fetish.

No comments: