Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dec Dar Day 11 - 1045 Words and Sneezing

Day 11 - 1045 Words on Harsh Climate
Running Total: 7548 Words.


7548 / 50000 words. 15% done!

Not bad for having a really bad cold that has left me to be most of the seven dwarves (sleepy, sneezy, achy, grumpy, dopey, but not yet quite in need of a Doc.)

I'm finding that the first action sequence is working out okay without switching points of view. I was looking forward to coming up with something that felt like a movie, but this works better. Especially now that I'm getting into Vicki's voice a little better. It still needs some work though.

In the meantime a bunch of us writers were schmoozing and one of the others said she'd just got a $25 gift certificate and wanted to spend it on 99 cent books. She said, "Anybody wants to buy mine, I'll buy yours," and pretty soon a bunch of us were swapping all over the place. A buck is a nice price for a light read, after all. She posted a list of the twenty 99 cent books she bought. There's quite a variety - from children's stories to full-blown grown up sf adventure to mainstream lit.

Tomorrow is going to be a very long day at the Day Job, but if I am sicker than I am right now, I'll probably do a couple of really critical things, and then come home. I'd rather not, though, because the semester is almost over and the students are desperate. Then I only have to be there Friday for Portfolio Day, and a few days next week - possibly only one if things go brilliantly well. (More likely two.)

But after that I can really get into just writing for a while.


* * * * * Advertisement * * * * *

No comments: