Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Dec Dare Day 3 - Short but Sweet

Day 3 - 453 Words on Harsh Climate
Running Total: 3239 Words.


3239 / 30000 words. 11% done!

Long day at work. Very tired. (They "realigned" the college today. Our division disappeared, but the whole thing seems to be designed to fix what the earlier leadership did to break things. We hope.)

I still wanted to get some writing done tonight, so I did a little bit. Still very jazzed about this novella. I'm curious about how the chaptering equates with screenplay format. I haven't gone far enough with it, though, to have formed an opinion so I'll have to talk about it later.

In the meantime, I was watching some early Fred Astaire, and I suddenly have great ideas for the cover concepts for the novellas that will make up The Serial. Yes, the thirties were a little late for the period, but they had an old-fashioned longing for the money of the twenties, and a grand Art Deco style. Plus in the art design and in the choreography, there was a LOT of old fashioned drama of the exact right sort. Besides, Guy-fashions are more timeless than Chick-fashions.

* * * * * Public Service Announcement * * * * *


Check out your agents and markets at Preditors and Editors before submission - you'll be glad you did!

No comments: