Monday, December 26, 2011

One Frazzled Christmas

I had some great things I was going to post today (and every day of break) but I ended up rushing a friend to the ER, and I just got home. I think the soonest I'll get to it is Tuesday now.

This has been one frazzled Christmas. The school decided this would be a great time to be stingy with the break between semesters, so everybody was exhausted coming into this weekend. On Christmas Eve, we usually have what I call The Culinary Indulgence Fest, which is a hog-wild potluck. Everybody was too frazzled to do much -- but we had a plenty nice dinner anyway. However, approximately 5 minutes before I was to head over to the party I realized... I had forgotten to wrap presents.

I discovered that it is actually possible to wrap 8-9 presents in 15 minutes flat. At least if the cats are too intimidated by your tizzy to "help."

Also, I am a woman of a certain age where hormones are doing whacky things, so I had something like a silent migraine going on today. Not painful, but fuzz headed. It felt rather like a large squid was wrapped tightly around my brain, and also covering my eyes and plugging my ears.

Oh, and I have a cat helping me type right now.

And that's why you're not getting a blog post tonight or tomorrow.

See you in the funny papers.

No comments: